How to save water and energy
How to save gas consumption on heating
- The first step for saving heating costs is to upgrade/repair the heating appliance. Periodic cleaning of the heating appliance is also important for the gas efficiency.
- Use the thermostat for regulating the temperature in the house. Lower your thermostat by 3 degrees at night hours or when away from home. Regularly check you thermostat. For each excess 1 degree, energy consumption increases by 8-10%.
- Ensure proper insulation of windows and roof in your house/facilities to maintain heat for a longer period;
- Maintain proper insulation for all components of the heating system
- Do not place curtains and furniture in the way that impeded the heat flow
- Do not heat the space you are not using. Close the doors and lock the heaters in the rooms least used and open only when needed. By reducing the space to be heated, you will significantly save on gas bills.
How to lower gas consumption in the kitchen:
- Give preference to energy efficient kitchen appliances
- Use the gas burner which corresponds to the size of the dish
- Use the lid to maintain the heat and to reduce the cooking time.
- Switch the oven when the liquid is boiled;
- Defrost the food before cooking and save energy on defrosting;
- Try not to open the oven often – 20% of heat is lost every time the door is opened;
- Switch the overn few minutes earlier before the timer ends – the remaining heat will complete the work;
How to save gas on hot water consumption
- Maintain hot water on 54 °C to save energy and to avoid burning
- Immediately repair the appliances if they start leaking water – hot water leaking during one month can fill up 16 baths (approximately 3600 liters)