In compliance with „Rules for Drinking Water Supply and Consumptions”, approved by Georgian National Electricity and Water Supply Commission (GNERC) under the Ordinance #32 as of November 26, 2008, the application on registration as a subscriber shall be submitted to the relevant distribution license holder who shall be obliged to register the subscriber for free of charge within 5 days after receiving the application.
The application shall be filled with the following data:
- Your name, surname and address
- Utility company
- Consent of the natural person responsible for payment, his/her name, surname, address, ID number (any other personal identification document allowed by Georgian Law) or the consent of the legal entity, individual entrepreneur (or any other entrepreneurial entity) or institution, legal address, bank details, taxpayer’s number and date;
- Place (address) where the applicant requests water supply
- Form of ownership where the service shall be provided (property under possession or other form);
- The purpose of consumption of the drinking water (household or non-household).
What you can request in the application on registration as a subscriber:
- To conclude the contract on water supply;
- To attend the compiling of the Act on starting the water supply for the new customer;
- Any other requests as deemed necessary.
Additional documents to be attached to your application:
- The certificate to prove possession of the real estate and if the property is used temporarily, the written consent of the owner;
- Written consent of the natural person responsible for payment, if the applicant and the person responsible to pay are different persons.
After registration as a subscriber until starting the water supply, the act on commencement of the water supply for the new subscriber shall be compiled whereby the date of beginning the water supply, meter type and number (if metered), initial meter data, lug number and the period for planned inspection of the meter will be indicated together with the application data. You have right to request attendance to the process of designing the Act. In this case, the Supplier has to inform you about the date and time.
After registration as a subscriber, signing the contract on water supply (if requested by the customer) and compiling the act about starting the water supply, the supplier shall be liable to provide water supply for this customer, unless any other date is indicated in the application on registration as a subscriber.
The customer and the License holder have right to use the template „Standard form of the water supply contract’’.
In case of temporary use of the real estate, upon the consent of the actual owner, you have the right to request the registration as a subscriber and the supplier must register you as a subscriber on this address. Besides, the supplier shall be authorized to demand deposit and full repayment of the bill in compliance with the Rules for Water Supply and Consumption, approved by GNERC under #32 Ordinance as of November 26, 2008.